meta data for this page
Before the installation of M-Files Process Maps to any of your vaults, please check the following prerequisites:
- Make a full backup of your vault, so that you can revert to this stage, if anything goes wrong! (https://www.m-files.com/user-guide/latest/eng/Operations_Backup.html)
- Download the Process Map Application .MFAPPX file (Downloads)
- Make sure that your license file is available
- Have Administrator rights to the vault
Make use of staged environments (DEV, TEST, PROD)
It is good practice to implement M-Files projects in a staged environment. This also applies to the use of M-Files Process Maps.
- Implement M-Files Process Maps in a DEV vault first, then try it out and make yourself familiar with its functionality. Draw your maps and read/ watch the learning units in this environment.
- Then create and implement your production maps. Also replicate them to TEST.
- Finally move to production (PROD).